Jerry and I will leave on Saturday for three and a half weeks of adventure. Sometimes I wonder why we ever leave home. We are fortunate to live in a beautiful place with many opportunities to enjoy all the things we do when we travel, but all too often don't take advantage of what is here right on our doortstep. Many of our trips away from home are tied to family visits; this is the case with this upcoming journey. It started with a need to visit Jerry's mother in San Luis Obispo, California. We could have flown or taken the train, but there is so much to see between here and there that we decided to drive. I have never been to Yosemite (Jerry was there before we met), so we added that to the itinerary. On the return trip, we'll stop in Seattle to see my mother and sister and her family. We haven't seen Becky, Roy, Leighton and Riley since the end of October, so we will leave our car in Spokane and fly to New York before heading home on June 8.I like to keep a travel journal. Up until now they have been handwritten in a variety of notebooks. Sometimes I transcribe them when I get home. I will have a laptop with me (unfortunately, I have to stay connected), so I thought, "Gee, I can just type my notes at the end of each day." And that led me here to my first baby steps in the blogosphere. Thanks to Hannah for creating 50 Shades of Grey and helping me get started.
Thanks for joining us on the journey...we hope to hear from you along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment